Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I Know



I know that you’re far away, and that you’re busy,
I know you don’t have the time to call me.

I know that sometimes you’re feeling lazy,
Or don’t want to talk, even if you’re free.

I know that we knew it wouldn’t be easy,
And that there are problems that we didn’t forsee.

I know that there have been fights between you and me,
And that they can’t be solved from across the sea.

I know that I can no more call you “honey”,
And that you will no more call me “baby”.

I know that you are trying to get over me,
And that you expect the same from me.

I know that you’ve decided that we can never be,
Although I miss you, and you sometimes miss me.

I know that it’s gone, and it’s over finally,
But I still love you, and I’m setting you free.

 - Aviv Nair
9/3/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment