Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Risk



I take a giant leap, I step into the wild,
I make a move that many think unwise.
Along with the big boys, I step in as a child,
Perhaps I’m trying on shoes too big for my size.

Perhaps I will fail, perhaps I will fall.
Perhaps I’ll be crushed, being too small.
Perhaps I’ll be tricked, being too naive.
Perhaps I’ll be caught in traps I can’t perceive.
Perhaps I won’t even be given a chance.
Perhaps I’ll be frozen while others dance.
Perhaps I will never learn.
Perhaps I will crash and burn.

But then again,

Perhaps I will bloom and quickly grow.
Perhaps I’ll be fast where others are slow.
Perhaps I will succeed and win.
Perhaps I’ll be heard above the din.
Not just a song, perhaps I’ll sing a Raaga.
Not just a story, perhaps I’ll write a Saga.

I think it’s worth the risk.

Aviv Nair
3/2/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment