Monday, January 12, 2009

As the music fades once more..

I toss and turn, tired yet restless, unable to sleep
It keeps me up, the music that’s supposed to put me to sleep.
The slow, blending and shining melodies remind me of her.
My eyes are closed, but I can see her sharp and clear.

The night is cool and serene, as we gaze at the stars above.
The moonlight bathes the calm ocean, and cloaks us in love.
We hold each other tenderly as the music flows with the waves,
The music, like the ocean, is all around us, woven into the waves.

We look into each others’ eyes as the music speaks our mind.
Unspoken words dance with the rhythm, as we leave the world behind.
As we let the music and the ocean take us into eternity,
As the moments between us become the beginning of infinity.

The music fades slowly, as does the scene before my eyes,
I reluctantly open them, the blinding darkness is not a surprise
The image burned in my mind, as the song says its goodbyes.

I change the song, turn over, and close my eyes once again,
Restlessly, impatiently waiting to make the dream come true,
I close my eyes as the music begins again, slow and light
Showing me new dreams of her, as I pass the night.

-Aviv Nair
29/7/2008

No comments:

Post a Comment