Monday, January 12, 2009

Scent of a memory

The sun bakes the land, breaks me into a sweat, brings life to day.
The drone of bees in the air, the swish of the grass and the whistle of the breeze,
The cool, calm, blue breeze under a canopy of floating cotton balls.
I miss her!

She picks up the phone and her sweet voice fills my world with joy.
The sun hides behind a grey veil as pregnant clouds carry the rains.
A cool refreshing breeze blows, as we talk, share and feel together.
The distance tries to do what our emotions can’t – separating us in space.
A light drizzle wakes the trees, as her laughter washes over me.
The refreshing air, the cool rain, the beautiful weather, all ignored.
As we share the joys and beauty of being in love!
I love her!

The time has come to come back to reality, I snap back to dullness.
With a sinking heart, I cut the call, as the sun breaks through again.
The scent of the fresh earth overwhelms me, as does her memory.
Both bring a smile to my face, and my heart lifts again in joy.
We shall be together soon, not long now, just a few months!
We shall be together forever!

-Aviv Nair
29/5/08

No comments:

Post a Comment