Sunday, January 25, 2009

Morning

The alarm rings, I hurtle out of my dreams,
I was just with her, holding her, or so it seems.
I switch it off, get back to sleep, waiting for the next ring,
I’m back in her arms, so happy, so in love, I want to sing,
She kisses me softly, and holds me, when the next alarm sounds,
I snap it off in anger, my frustration knows no bounds!
I try to go back to her, tossing and turning,
But it’s no use! I’m awake with visions of the dream churning.

I blunder into the bathroom, and put the paste on my brush,
I glance at the clock, more than an hour, there’s no rush!
I look in the mirror, and notice my smile, I love her so much!
For a minute, I go back in the dream, feel her tender touch!
Suddenly, I snap back to reality, in the mirror I see my face.
Damn, I thought I looked good, but sadly that is not the case!
I get ready to bathe, suddenly I’m holding her again, we’re about to kiss,
The water jolts me back, I’ll get late for office!

I quickly finish bathing, and start to dress,
The clothes aren’t ironed, but I couldn’t care less!
I hurry to the office, thinking I’m late,
But there’s no one there, so I’ll have to wait!
I take the chance to go get breakfast and tea,
I look for my friends, but her face is all I see!

I switch on the computer, and again read her mail,
The words “I love you!” make me so happy, I feel I could wail!
I read each and every message, as it starts to lightly rain,
Each word I read makes me happily insane!
“Hi!” “Good Morning!”, I barely hear my friends say,
They walk in, I close the mails, and begin my day!

-Aviv Nair
3/6/2008

No comments:

Post a Comment