Monday, January 12, 2009

Mourning

I mourn for my life, for my love lost,
I cry for the suffering, for the cost.
I try so hard to keep myself engrossed,
To keep my heart covered in frost.
As I mourn for my life, my love lost.

I mourn, for what I nearly gained,
Again I lost, Oh! How it pained!
My spirit dampened, again it rained,
My life ebbed, my love drained.
As I mourn for what I nearly gained.

I mourn for how much I pretend,
To hide from others, that which is the end.
Suppressed, my heart and soul will rend,
My mind lost, watching reality bend,
As I mourn for how much I pretend.

I mourn for what used to be me,
As I close my eyes, I dare not see!
What has passed, what will be,
Has ended, and I am free,
As I mourn for what used to be me!

-Aviv Nair
14 Jan, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment