Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The dream

I know you may not really care,
To hear about my nightmare,
But it’s something I must share.
It started with me in a dark lair,
Of a monstrously huge, black bear,
When suddenly, a siren begins to blare,
And a flame singes my hair,
I run outside and jump onto a mare,
Who turns around and asks me, “Where?”
I just shout, “Doesn’t matter! Anywhere!”
We run towards the forest faster than a hare,
Then he stops and asks me for the fare,
He says it comes up to one apple and a pear,
But my pockets are completely bare,
He gets enraged and his nostrils flare,
Again, I start to run as fast as I dare!
But somewhere, my foot gets caught in a snare,
And I get whipped up into the air,
A hunter comes and gives me a glare,
“Who are you, and why are you up there?”
I tell him my name, I learn he’s called Sinclaire,
He introduces himself with a flair,
As I dust the mud off my hair,
He starts to lead me, “Come to my house, there!”
And to my horror, takes me back to the dark lair,
I turn around to find he’s changed into the bear!
Again a siren begins to blare,
But this time, thankfully, it’s my alarm clock!!


-Aviv Nair
22/11/2008

No comments:

Post a Comment