Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Motivation

I sit still, unable to sleep, as the night grows late,
I’m not even tired, I sit still and wait.
The first tears come unexpected, yet predictable.
I had to lose control sometime, it was inevitable!

I cry, for all I’ve suffered, all the hurt, all the pain,
Thoughts race through my head, with a pace that makes me insane!
While the tears roll down, uncontrolled, unchained, free!
Suddenly all becomes clear, suddenly I see!

Through the blurred vision of my tears,
Through the mirages of my insecurity and fears,
A vision floats in front of me, through the watery haze,
It’s her beautiful smile, her cute face!

My tears dry up, my heart hardens and becomes steel,
Gone is the fear, and all the loneliness I feel!
I’m strong again, I have a single, overpowering purpose.
Stopping me is impossible, what I do goes beyond mere willpower and force!

The thought of her voice and feelings strengthens my resolve,
And suddenly, there’s no problem that I can’t solve!
My mind whirrs, whirls, and runs at the speed of light,
The world’s against me, so what? I will fight!!

I have a focus, a vision, a goal!
Without her, I’m not whole.
I smiled as I lay down to sleep and curled,
Be prepared, ‘cos I’m gonna take over the world!!

-Aviv Nair
6/6/08

No comments:

Post a Comment