Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The road not travelled

I go where the Devil lies in wait,
I hear the nagging taunts of fate,

To go back, and change for all time,
To make a choice, and commit the crime,

To do what cannot be done,
To undo what cannot be undone,

When I left her, oh, how my heart bled!
But I could not choose where my path led,

I came back in space, but not in time,
For I was hers, but she was no longer mine,

Out of reach and out of sight,
I could only watch the spreading blight!

I could not choose, for there were two ways,
And I would have remained so for the rest of my days,

Were it not for that final, fateful decision,
Where I had to make that painful incision.

I made the cut, quick and sharp,
As my guardian angel broke her harp,

Two paths, but I could not choose,
Too afraid of what I would loose,

I took the path where none other travel,
No dirt or stones, nor rubble nor gravel,

I did not choose…
I made my own road!

-Aviv Nair
1/4/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment