Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rebirth

I sift through the shards of my shattered dreams,
Numbed by the grief, tears and screams.
Pillars of might and strength, torn down.
The King of The World, I’ve lost my crown.
The pain, like a thousand burning knives,
Mercilessly slicing through hearts and lives.

The shambles of a beautiful paradise,
Burned down by the fire of lies.
The powerful energy that was my life’s core,
Stolen, plundered and robbed, as the world shut the door.
Lifeless, broken, tortured and weak,
I found, I lost, but no more can I seek.

The ground around me cracks and trembles,
Taking me up, as the wall around me crumbles.
Time flows around me like molten rock,
Pure power and strength, as I break the lock.
I spread my wings and take flight,
I open my arms, and drink in the light.

I fly, far and away from it all,
Destroying memories of my great fall.
I see a broad, high cliff and there I land,
I survey my new empire as I stand.
I see the fires, lava and sulfur,
Echoing the sounds of my own laughter.

The burning rock and lava, fed by acid rain,
Through insanity, beyond being sane.
My veins throb with my new-found power,
Time and space move slower and slower,
As I take over my Empire, the place where I fell,
I rise, rejuvinated, reborn as the Lord of Hell!

-Aviv Nair
6 January 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment